Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Supports (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Forum registeration (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3621)

ChibiMaestro 04-22-2012 06:12 AM

Forum registeration

Is it possible so that when someone registers on the Mys site, they also register on a MyBB forum automatically??

If so... how?? o.O I'd appreciate any help! Thank you XD

(Yus, I am thinking of creating a site using Mys :3)

Hall of Famer 04-22-2012 07:36 AM

Well yes, this is what the forum integration does. In fact they also automatically log into both of their accounts in Mys v1.3.1, which is an improvement over the old script in which they have to sign in twice.

ChibiMaestro 04-22-2012 07:55 AM

Ergh, so how would I install the forum so that it'll be 'connected'?
OH WAIT. That's what happens when I'm lazy and I skip things ._. Just read the Mys 1.3.1 thread again o.O *facepalm*

Thanks Hoffie ^-^

Hall of Famer 04-22-2012 08:02 AM

No worries, glad you figured it out. The forum integration at this point is able to register the user on both adoptables site and forum, while logging them in simultaneously if they sign in from the site. It is a good idea to disable forum registration to avoid confusion(if a user registers on the forum before on the adoptables site, you may have a problem).

Note the forum integration does not update forum statistics yet, so you have to do it manually when you see some users register. It is not necessary, but will make your site look somewhat better.

ChibiMaestro 04-22-2012 01:25 PM

Okay, I'm still confused on what exactly to do o.O Can you explain in detail? Thanks ^-^

Hall of Famer 04-22-2012 01:29 PM

Well you need to install the adoptables site and forum separately, then edit the file config_forums.php to enter your forum config data. Make sure to change $mybbenabled to 1 to enable forum integration, 0 means the integration is disabled. Its recommended to turn off forum registration so users can only register on the adoptables site(and their corresponding forum account will be generated simultaneously once their site account is created).

ChibiMaestro 04-22-2012 01:47 PM

OOH. I GOT IT.
I test registered, but then I got this on the Mys site's register page:

Warning: include(../inc/config_forums.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cunicu/domains/sitename.com/public_html/functions/functions.php on line 306

Warning: include(../inc/config_forums.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cunicu/domains/sitename.com/public_html/functions/functions.php on line 306

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../inc/config_forums.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cunicu/domains/sitename.com/public_html/functions/functions.php on line 306

I edited the stuff above to replace my site URL to 'sitename.com'... what's the problem?
Is it because I left $mybbpath = ''; as it is? Am I supposed to?

Hall of Famer 04-22-2012 02:02 PM

Well this has nothing to do with mybbpath... Your register.php is located in the root directory, it should not be reporting errors/warnings like Warning: include(../inc/config_forums.php). Did you edit the register.php file? o_o

ChibiMaestro 04-22-2012 02:30 PM

Nope, I didn't edit it at all o.O

I tried adding /forum as the path, just in case ya'know, still no difference at all. I tried re-registering... NO DIFFERENCE ._.

I don't think this is a really big error, just quite not appealing when you register, and a code/thing appears o.O

ChibiMaestro 04-23-2012 10:37 AM

Erm, anyone think they know the problem?