Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mysidia Adoptables Official Announcement (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.4[Security Release] (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4251)

Hall of Famer 08-28-2013 10:01 PM

@pachoofoosh:
Your site is fixed, looks something is malfunctioning in the String class, but it has something to do with a PHP MultiByte String extension that I do not actually use. Removing dependency on this extension resolves everything. XD

@Iris:
For some reason you are missing .htaccess file from the adoptables directory. I tried to upload it but the ftp server wont allow me to, no idea why this happens. I even attempted to upload another file and rename to .htaccess, and surprisingly the file disappears. You will have to ask Nemesis for help, it is clearly a server configuration problem, nothing to do with the script itself. Sorry I cant be of more help.

Edit: I reuploaded the files for Mys v1.3.4 and the download links are updated. Hopefully this time it will work for everyone.

Abronsyth 08-29-2013 11:30 AM

The .htaccess file is in there, but for some reason it's not showing up. I know because I went through and was sure to put it in myself after the 500 error occurred.

I just double checked and, as you can see here, the .htaccess file is in there.

I'll try reuploading and see if that works.

Clessidra 08-30-2013 04:29 PM

Does this mean the issue with people being able to adopt more than the set amount of adoptables is still present? o__o;
It isn't listed under bug fixes so I'm not sure.

Hall of Famer 08-30-2013 11:56 PM

Umm I dont recall there was a bug like that, it works just fine on my demo site. Why?

Hwona 08-31-2013 12:43 PM

Yay! I really want to update, but I'm kind of worried that it might break my site. :L

Abronsyth 08-31-2013 12:56 PM

I tried installing the reuploaded files, but I'm still getting the 500 error. Not sure why this is happening :/

Hall of Famer 08-31-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abronsyth (Post 27896)
I tried installing the reuploaded files, but I'm still getting the 500 error. Not sure why this is happening :/

The .htaccess file is still missing? Looks like this is the cause of problems. I remember helping people running in Nemesis' hosting service before, and they didn't seem to have such issues. It's truly weird.

Another possibility is that the ownership of the files uploaded to your server is inconsistent. It rarely happens, but you may want to consider this too. If possible, shoot Nemesis an email asking him to enable all error reporting options, or even show you the logs for apache server.

Abronsyth 09-02-2013 02:25 PM

Err, well when I check I can still see the .htaccess file, so it is present...this is just very odd. It doesn't work on my other host (host-ed.net) either. I contact Nemesis to see if it's just something I'm doing wrong while installing.

Hall of Famer 09-02-2013 02:41 PM

I see, thats so unfortunate. I will try to help out as much as I can, but a 500 server error is really difficult to debug since it does not tell you what's going wrong. For some webhosts the error log with apache server may give a hint, or at least hopefully. I do know that missing .htaccess file is one primary cause of 500 server error, or perhaps the file is present but the script/server is unable to load it? It's kinda strange, but from what I see through FTP your server does seem to have some problem with .htaccess and url-rewrite.

Abronsyth 09-03-2013 02:46 PM

It's just very odd because I'm attempting this on two different hosts, and I seem to be getting the same errors on each. Nemesis said he'd give it a go to see if he can install it to get it working. I might try another host to see if it'd work. Don't know why it's being so difficult.