Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mys v1.3.x Mods (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Mys v1.3.4 Higher Or Lower Game (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4964)

gunpowdercat 02-16-2016 12:19 PM

Went ahead and deleted and re-installed it-- working now, thank you!

Kyttias 02-16-2016 12:22 PM

I'm a bit concerned I uploaded a bugged version of the non-obfuscated javascript (meaning the default install will work but the file I welcomed you to edit that's human-readable is somehow flawed). I'll try to look into it soon.

I plan on buying an open source game from Code Canyon to integrate soon, so this definitely needs fixed for that to work.

Kasandra 02-16-2016 07:49 PM

If it awards 25 credits for correct guesses, could you make it remove credits for incorrect guesses?

Since it updates the persons credits automagically, if they then keep losing and have no credits, will the game stop/not allow them to play again?

Kyttias 02-16-2016 08:08 PM

Seems kind of cruel. And I won't be making modifications of the base game, sorry. Is it possible? Definitely.

But I'd have to create a new variable to be sent from Javascript to PHP to inform the other language it's dealing with a negative number and then write a whole new function in PHP, or heavily modify the existing one, to deal with subtracting rather than adding. And then I'd have to write a check to make sure the user isn't below on cash and then send an error message if they are. And then I'd have go back through and make sure it's cheatproof.

This wasn't a feature I had planned on, and it would add a half times more to the amount of code the game is already using. I hope you understand... I just don't have time to fulfill requests like that.

gunpowdercat 02-17-2016 11:28 AM

It began glitching again. Uploaded it. Made no changes to any code WHATSOEVER. it is still glitching. after about 2 plays, the cards disappear. It doesn't register correct guesses, either. It stays at "0".

Chaos77777 01-29-2017 05:33 PM

It glitches for me too, lol I also found out that if you get a number you don't like, such as 10, you can keep refreshing til you get 1 or 16

-Edit-
Needed jQuery in my template. It works just fine now :D
People can still refresh for a more optimal number lol, but I'm not worried about that

Kyttias 01-30-2017 04:44 PM

I'm glad you figured out what was wrong on your end.

It's too difficult, at this point, to assist anyone with modifying this code. It remains here for intermediate to advanced coders to ponder over and observe the connection points needed to send a game score in exchange for currency -- but it's also up to them to make a far more functional game.

I hope to eventually improve upon all of this, but I'm still getting way more hours than I asked for at my job and I'll be moving cross country early this summer. :catfish:

Chaos77777 01-30-2017 05:33 PM

I'm going to try to set it up to where the player gets money based on points earned, rather than correct guesses. I've noticed that if I do refresh, the points restart back at 0. It would be incentive to keep going for more points, rather than simply correct answers. I'll post what I come up with if I can figure it out. I'm not all that great at coding, so me "coding" is a couple hours of trial and error lol

Abronsyth 01-30-2017 08:13 PM

I plan on taking a look more deeply into this and seeing if I can get some other javascript games to work, such as tic-tac-toe, etc.

I hope all goes well for you with the job and move, Kyttias!

LUC1G07CH1 07-19-2017 09:55 AM

It actually works as i wanted!
It has just 1 problem...after some rounds both numbers dissapear. But okay, i just refresh the page.

I also did this for my site, it's a small arcade machine with a mini pixel of this game haha
http://orig07.deviantart.net/1b00/f/..._1-dbgw3x0.png
Edit: i think i'll make these as f2u for any project.