Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Webmasters Area (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Kitto Kitto Kitto Halp? (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5029)

PewCats 02-18-2016 01:33 PM

Kitto Kitto Kitto Halp?

I'm trying to install Kitto Kitto Kitto on my mysidia host, and I was wondering if someone could help me. Here's my problem:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/external_lib/DB.php on line 470

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/external_lib/DB.php on line 547

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/external_lib/DB.php on line 1202

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/external_lib/Log.php on line 147

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/includes/classes/inflectors/english.class.php on line 51

Strict Standards: Declaration of StaffGroup::destroy() should be compatible with ActiveTable::destroy($id = NULL) in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/includes/classes/user/staff_group.class.php on line 226

Strict Standards: Declaration of PetSpecieColor::destroy() should be compatible with ActiveTable::destroy($id = NULL) in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/includes/classes/pet/pet_specie_color.class.php on line 63

Strict Standards: Declaration of BoardThread::destroy() should be compatible with ActiveTable::destroy($id = NULL) in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/includes/classes/board/board_thread.class.php on line 125

Strict Standards: Declaration of BoardPost::destroy() should be compatible with ActiveTable::destroy($id = NULL) in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/includes/classes/board/board_post.class.php on line 120

Strict Standards: Declaration of BoardPost::create() should be compatible with ActiveTable::create($new_data = Array) in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/includes/classes/board/board_post.class.php on line 120

Strict Standards: Non-static method DB::connect() should not be called statically in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/includes/config.inc.php on line 203

Strict Standards: Non-static method DB::parseDSN() should not be called statically in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/external_lib/DB.php on line 520

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/external_lib/DB/common.php on line 1017

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/external_lib/DB/common.php on line 1220

Strict Standards: Declaration of DB_mysql::quote() should be compatible with DB_common::quote($string = NULL) in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/external_lib/DB/mysql.php on line 48

Strict Standards: Non-static method DB::isError() should not be called statically in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/external_lib/DB.php on line 551

Strict Standards: Non-static method DB::isError() should not be called statically in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/external_lib/DB.php on line 551

Strict Standards: Non-static method DB::errorMessage() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/external_lib/DB.php on line 965

Strict Standards: Non-static method DB::isError() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/external_lib/DB.php on line 688

Strict Standards: Non-static method DB::isError() should not be called statically in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/external_lib/DB.php on line 557

Strict Standards: Non-static method DB::getDSNString() should not be called statically in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/external_lib/DB.php on line 559

Strict Standards: Non-static method DB::parseDSN() should not be called statically in /home/pewcatsm/public_html/external_lib/DB.php on line 866
An error occured when attempting to connect to the database. Oops!

Does anyone want to help me? If necessary, I can give you my login stuff and you can look at the code yourself.

Hall of Famer 02-18-2016 01:43 PM

Well that script was outdated and they use coding standard that was for PHP 4. To fix the issues will require almost a complete rewrite, I doubt it's possible at all. Your only hope is to sign up with a webhost that offers PHP 5.2 or lower. I think some webhosts still do this, so you can try your luck there.

PewCats 02-18-2016 04:04 PM

Now I found one, but I'm getting this:

pachoofoosh 02-18-2016 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PewCats (Post 33904)
Now I found one, but I'm getting this:

Have you gone into the includes/config.inc.php file and updated your DB connection info? It's around line 71:
PHP Code:

'db_dsn' => array(

'phptype' => 'mysql'// MySQL = mysql, Oracle = oci, Postgres = pgsql.

'username' => 'kitto',

'password' => 'k1tt0',

'hostspec' => 'localhost',

'database' => 'kitto',
            ), 

There are a few other variables you may want to customize in there, too, after the db_dsn section.

PewCats 02-18-2016 04:59 PM

What's DB?

pachoofoosh 02-18-2016 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PewCats (Post 33909)
What's DB?

Database; it's what the script stores data such as user, pet, and item information in. ^^
If you want you can PM me and I can get Kitto set up for you.

PewCats 02-18-2016 05:08 PM

Hold on, just a second.

PewCats 02-18-2016 05:13 PM

Will it work on PHP 5.5? I hope so, because I just spent $59 on hosting....

PewCats 02-18-2016 05:28 PM

Nevermind, I'll just use mysidia and tweak it, unless I can get kitto to work.