Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mysidia Adoptables Official Announcement (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mysidia Adoptables v1.3.3[Security Release] (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4057)

Hall of Famer 03-25-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuardiansWish (Post 26462)
Never mind, I was a silly panda. I forgot to add the Chibifurs_ part of the database name...

Thank you for being patient with me. It means the world.

I see, no worries I am just glad to see it work for you. Lemme know if you get any questions.

And regarding your last question, yes it can work even if you have users on your forum already, but you wont be able to sync forum users into your adoptables site. The trick here is to go to phpmyadmin and change the auto_increment ID to be identical from your adoptables and forum's table prefix.users. The User ID must match from one database to another.

GuardiansWish 03-25-2013 08:32 PM

back with yet another question lol. I'm not sure if this is mysidia relate of phpbb related but here it goes.

I am trying to upload my phpbb forum to the server. I got the files in the thing and the link is: http://chibifurs.com/forum/phpbb/

I am getting the error: Fatal Error: Class ForumController either does not exist, or has its include path misconfigured!

I am unable to install it due to this error. Anything you might suggest?

Hall of Famer 03-25-2013 08:42 PM

You need a .htaccess file for your forum directory. If phpbb has one, upload it. Otherwise, simply upload the .htaccess file inside folder /install from mysidia adoptables.

GuardiansWish 03-25-2013 08:49 PM

Okay that did get me a step further but brought up a different error, this time from firefox (my browser)

-------------

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.

--------------

I have cookies to always accept.

Hall of Famer 03-25-2013 08:51 PM

You have corrupted cookies or cache, empty them and it should work for you then.

GuardiansWish 03-25-2013 09:34 PM

I cleared both and it's still coming up.

Hall of Famer 03-25-2013 10:57 PM

umm this is weird, but would you mind telling me why your directory /forum/phpbb? I thought phpbb and forum are the same thing? Anyway, does PHP come with a .htaccess file? If so, you need to upload that file. Sometimes its in .txt format, you need to change it to htaccess format instead.

GuardiansWish 03-25-2013 11:40 PM

That was just to test somethis. the old forum had been forum/upload and I didn't know if it had been the second location making the difference. obviously not but hey, it was worth a shot xD.

it does and it's in there in the htaccess format.

Hall of Famer 03-26-2013 09:22 AM

Well if it is in .htaccess format the forum should work for you perfectly. Are you sure it is not in .txt format, since some internat applications' .htaccess files do appear this way? Anyway you should upload the folder /upload to your root directory and rename it as forum rather than upload the entire folder of phpbb to your server with a subdirectory called /upload.

GuardiansWish 03-26-2013 06:48 PM

Okay.....well phpBB folks say its something to do with Mysidia and we're running around in circles over here....If I PM yo uthe information, would you log in to our panel and see if you can find whats wrong? I'm thinking the problem at the moment may be that I don't know what I'm looking for. (Sometimes a second pair of eyes picks up what the first didn't)

Hall of Famer 03-26-2013 06:53 PM

Well the best idea is to install PHPBB in a different directory rather than in a subdirectory of Mysidia, this will completely get rid of any possible .htaccess issues. Anyway, MyBB seems to work fine with Mysidia so long as its own .htaccess file is uploaded properly, not sure why PHPBB has this problem. Yes you can send me your login credentials, I will see what I can do to help you.

GuardiansWish 03-26-2013 06:56 PM

Thanks hun. I'll send you the stuff over in a PM. Where do you think I should upload the new directory once you're done peaking around?

Hall of Famer 03-27-2013 03:33 AM

Id say uploading the folder /upload to the root directory and rename it as /forum, but anyway I will see how it works. If you've installed the adoptables script in the root directory, it can be a bit tricky.

GuardiansWish 03-27-2013 11:09 AM

Okay. I want to make sure I've got a handle on this before I do it. Wat if we did it like this:

Install Mysidia in a folder such as /adopts (or something like that)
Then install the forum in a folder such as /forum

(replied to PM)

Hall of Famer 03-27-2013 12:02 PM

Then you wont have url redirect problem between the two applications. As a folder inside the mysidia directory is considered a subdirectory inside the script, you will need a proper .htaccess to change the url redirect settings in each directory.

GuardiansWish 03-27-2013 12:06 PM

Okay. I'm going to go ahead and remove all the existing files and upload like that. Wish me luck!

GuardiansWish 03-27-2013 12:44 PM

Okay. we through a new installation with mysidia at chibifurs.com/home. went though the whole thing and got the following error when it was completed on the new main page.

Warning: require(/home/chibifur/public_html/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/chibifur/public_html/home/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 323

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/chibifur/public_html/inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/chibifur/public_html/home/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 323

Hall of Famer 03-27-2013 12:58 PM

Looks like your script path is incorrect.

GuardiansWish 03-27-2013 01:03 PM

Okay. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Hall of Famer 03-27-2013 01:07 PM

Open your config.php and change the value in script path constant.

GuardiansWish 03-27-2013 01:12 PM

okay this is what I have my config file saying, errors still coming up:

<?php
//Mysidia Adoptables Site Configuration File

define('DBHOST', 'localhost'); //DB Hostname
define('DBUSER', 'chibifur_riley'); //DB Username
define('DBPASS', '(i removed the password)'); //DB Password
define('DBNAME', 'chibifur_adopts'); //Your database name
define('DOMAIN', 'chibifurs.com'); //Your domain name (No http, www or . )
define('SCRIPTPATH', 'home'); //The folder you installed this script in
define('PREFIX', 'adopts_prefix');
?>

Hall of Famer 03-27-2013 04:23 PM

It appears that you are missing a "/" in your script path, I fixed this for you already.

GuardiansWish 03-27-2013 05:01 PM

thank you so much. now to hopefully get the forum online ^^

GuardiansWish 03-27-2013 05:55 PM

Got the forum up (yay!) but is phpbb3 eligable for integration?

Hall of Famer 03-27-2013 05:59 PM

Well of course its possible to integrate, but only MyBB is officially supported. You can always give a try integrating your forum and the adoptables site yourself, with a tiny bit of coding you can even get VBulletin and IPB to work.

GuardiansWish 03-27-2013 06:06 PM

I shall give it a whirl and see how it turns out! Hopefully I won't be back lol

Hall of Famer 03-27-2013 06:33 PM

Oh dont worry, I am glad to see users back with questions and suggestions. Think how boring it will be if everyone just downloads the script and never comes to the support forum at all. XD

GuardiansWish 03-27-2013 10:08 PM

lol that's so true. I'm usually around if you want to chat <3

Okay I see that the sidebar links were changed. I used to be able to go into function.php and change the links in the sidebar so that they show up as images instead of text. is there any way to do that now?

AlexC 03-28-2013 07:58 AM

I've been attempting to drag myself out of my hole and restart RFTW; I updated the new site but I'm getting the following error on all pages;

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'Unable to load template file 'template.tpl'' in /home/ratties/public_html/inc/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php:127 Stack trace: #0 /home/ratties/public_html/inc/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(374): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('template.tpl', NULL, NULL, NULL, true) #1 /home/ratties/public_html/classes/class_frame.php(226): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->display('template.tpl') #2 /home/ratties/public_html/classes/class_mysidia.php(449): Frame->render() #3 /home/ratties/public_html/index.php(86): Mysidia->output() #4 /home/ratties/public_html/index.php(90): IndexController::main() #5 {main} thrown in /home/ratties/public_html/inc/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 127

I did have a custom theme, so I changed my options in the database to one of the main ones, but I'm still getting it.

Hall of Famer 03-28-2013 08:09 AM

Check if you have the template file template.tpl in the theme's folder. If not, you need to create one.

AlexC 03-28-2013 08:20 AM

Each theme folder has a template.tpl file - "new" didn't have one, but I copied one over, with no results. I was using main however.

http://rattiesftw.com/ site if you can pick up the problem?

Hall of Famer 03-28-2013 08:32 AM

I see, did you 'install' the theme from ACP? If not, you will need to do this. An alternative way is to insert a row into your database prefix.themes to match the folder name for 'themefolder' and 'themeurl'.

AlexC 03-28-2013 08:37 AM

I did install the theme in the database quite a while ago and I just checked now, it is still there.

Hall of Famer 03-28-2013 08:52 AM

umm i see... Are you sure you tried to upgrade by uploading all necessary files from Mys v1.3.3? No file is missing? If so, perhaps the folder structure of your templates folder has some issues, or the settings of the template? Anyway, PM me your ftp and I will see what I can do for you. Its weird how the main theme aint working for you either.

AlexC 03-28-2013 08:53 AM

I did the same thing I did every time I upgrade - ftp'd in, dragged over the files and hit "overwrite". It has worked before.

I'll pm you the details.

GuardiansWish 03-28-2013 01:11 PM

Gloometh! Welcome back!

Famer, were you able to look at the imges for links thing I posted on the last page?

Hall of Famer 03-28-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuardiansWish (Post 26523)
lol that's so true. I'm usually around if you want to chat <3

Okay I see that the sidebar links were changed. I used to be able to go into function.php and change the links in the sidebar so that they show up as images instead of text. is there any way to do that now?

Well this time you will have to edit the sidebar either through ACP, or open the class_sidebar.php file to modify the script.

Abronsyth 03-28-2013 02:44 PM

Hey HoF, just letting you know that I went ahead and finally tried the HTML links again and it worked out this time around perfectly :)

Hall of Famer 03-28-2013 02:45 PM

Thats so good to know Iris, glad it works for ya. With the new SEO friendly URL, it is a good practice not to use relative url since it may direct you to weird locations that do not even exist. To fix the problem, use absolute url. XD

GuardiansWish 03-28-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hall of Famer (Post 26537)
Well this time you will have to edit the sidebar either through ACP, or open the class_sidebar.php file to modify the script.

Okay but what would I edit to put the image in instead of the text? Like actually in that code what do I need to edit?

I need:
adopt
logout
change theme
admin center
manage adopts
pound

The script kind of has me confused on that front.