Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Missy Master

Notices

Conversation Between Missy Master and Hall of Famer
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 67
  1. Missy Master
    03-13-2013 11:20 AM
    Missy Master
    great thanks!! no worries, take your time, talk to you soon! :)

I'll wait to hear back from you on where to send these files and your YIM - have a great day!
  2. Hall of Famer
    03-13-2013 01:09 AM
    Hall of Famer
    I see, and yeah I think I understand how the breeding system of yours work out. And sure you can send me the files if you are struggling with something, but keep in mind that I will be busy until Thursday night.

I will PM you my YIM account later, hope to talk to you soon Anna.
  3. Missy Master
    03-12-2013 12:24 PM
    Missy Master
    Hey! :)

I am working on the first part of the breeding mod, which is really a way to create a new image url for each adoptable created--- this is how the merge works, it merges two unique images, we dont want to merge the 'base images' for a pet, it would affect everyone's then!

I'm thinking make 'customs' a special category, and then allow this special merged breeding for them only. It's a pretty unique system really, but it works fantastic!

Can I send you two files that I'm having trouble with, to see if you can figure it out? These both worked perfectly on the old sites, but there is clearly something wrong with it now.

The first one, custom_cheetah.php, is where you make your custom, actually create it, and get a new image name for the new image created. This goes in imageurl, and also two extra fields deco_images (used for adding things ) and backup_images -- I have these added to my database.

Also added these to the Owned Adopts table too.

The images you draw from to create it are in images/custom_whateveryourbreedname

custom_cheetah_choose.php is the actual execution file.

Well the main problem is when I click on the markings area to change the picture, it goes to a broken image, and it never did that before. My folders are all correct, I dont know whats wrong really.

And I'm at: the_shezoo at Yahoo messenger, whats your screen name and Ill add you too!
  4. Hall of Famer
    03-11-2013 05:17 PM
    Hall of Famer
    Yes it can be blank if it does not have any lang vars, although Id say its better to place lang vars in array format in these lang files since this way you decouple the content of presentation layer away from your business logic.

You definitely can, its up to you. ^^

No worries, and btw are you sure the YIM contact you gave me was correct? I dont see you online lol.
  5. Missy Master
    03-11-2013 04:31 PM
    Missy Master
    Oh!! ahaha okay that makes sense, and what needs to go in that file, anything in particular? Or can it be basically blank if I don't have anything language wise?

Or--- if its a breeding mod--- I can nick the breeding lang file content maybe and paste that in?

Thanks for the help! :)
  6. Hall of Famer
    03-11-2013 04:28 PM
    Hall of Famer
    I see, I will add you now. ^^

Thats cool, you are quicker than I thought Anna, cant wait to see more.

Well you need to create a lang file called lang_filename.php in the folder lang, the filename should be identical to the file you are creating.
  7. Missy Master
    03-11-2013 11:46 AM
    Missy Master
    for anyone who wants to contact me I'm sometimes on the_shezoo @ YIM :)

I'm getting in the final stages of these mods, but now that I'm testing them out, I see I need some help hehe.

I just ran into this error making a new page to test out a merge image mod:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Language var title does not exist.' in /home/simpets/public_html/classes/class_language.php:20 Stack trace: #0 /home/simpets/public_html/breeding_2.php(9): Language->__get('title') #1 {main} thrown in /home/simpets/public_html/classes/class_language.php on line 20
  8. Hall of Famer
    03-09-2013 10:10 PM
    Hall of Famer
    Again thank you so much for such awesome words. ^^ I try to make this script as useful and customizable as possible. It makes me feel accomplished seeing people use Mysidia Adoptables to build their site. Not mentioning this is also a good learning experience for me, I've gotten way way better as a programmer.

Okay sure, enjoy dinner Anna. There are definitely a lot of things to look at. XD

And if you dont mind me asking, do you have an IM contact? I can use AIM, MSN, Skype and YIM all fine, so lemme know whatever you get. ^^
  9. Missy Master
    03-09-2013 10:05 PM
    Missy Master
    Awww! Well you deserve to be praised, you have done some pretty wonderful things with a bare bones code, made it really something special!! :)

I'm going to grab some dinner and take a look at all I've missed, I have a lot to catch up on now!

Talk soon again, I will be on here from now on, now that I have a decent machine!!
  10. Hall of Famer
    03-09-2013 09:55 PM
    Hall of Famer
    Thanks for saying this Anna, glad you like what I've been doing lately. Hopefully your computer will work out for ya, it can be frustrating at times. XD

Thats cool, it will definitely help with someone who can code. ^^ Considering most users here now are noncoders, I am sure they will all appreciate every little thing you do.

Yeah, you are right, things are getting better for us. And again thanks you for saying these, you kinda make me blush already. XD