Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Ruinily

Notices

Conversation Between Ruinily and Hall of Famer
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 19 of 19
  1. Hall of Famer
    05-15-2012 12:02 PM
    Hall of Famer
    I see, it is indeed tough when your members keep messaging you regarding site downtime, can easily get frustrating and even desperate. The script is made in a way so that those who lack PHP skills can still build an awesome site, so of course you can create a nice looking site with or without programming skills.

Umm if you really want a forum integration the new script does have one with MyBB, although it still needs improvements. Good to know you are so far satisfied with your experience.

Well I just cant think of anyone else requesting Mys v1.2.x compatible Mods other than you. XD Seeing how difficult it is to upgrade from older version to the new one, I definitely dont mind creating such a Mod. The features may be limited though, since not everything from Mys v1.3.x can be easily converted.

Again thanks for saying this. Honestly the script for me is a very good experience too, without it Id be nowhere close to an intermediate skilled programmer. XD
  2. Ruinily
    05-14-2012 11:28 PM
    Ruinily
    Yeh I was, people on my site were sending my messages and we were all getting tired of it. It was some minor miracle that I managed to get a mysidia site up with my complete lack of knowledge. XD Yeh I wander around the forum which I think is linked to the whole thing, and its not gone down as much as it used to. Actually its be been up more than my x10 hosting lately. >.>' So congrats to Brandon. It lacks features, but it was so easy to keep and maintain. o.o'

Lol thanks. Another personal like of mine is many different options, though I know people wont like so many that it gets confusing lol. Its up to you, unless I decide to do some big site overhaul with a server move I'm more or less happy what I have. I think my main want would be a way to have a forum on the site, but I hate to think how complicated adding a forum would be, and since the hosting for my forum is never down it would probably be a bad thing. XD I just like the idea of having it all integrated. Sorry I think I'm rambling... it is about 5am lol.

I dont think I was? I dont tend to demand things, I think the most I did was advertise for a programer to help work out some bugs. :o An item shop would be cool though... but I dont tend to ask for things for myself since I'm sure theres more important things for everyone that need looking at. ^_^

Lol no problem, from what I can see you put a lot of work into this, and I love my site, so you deserve some nice words. :P
  3. Hall of Famer
    05-14-2012 10:28 PM
    Hall of Famer
    I see, so you were another victim of MA's old downtime issues. It seems that MA does not suffer much downtime nowadays, but it still lacks features such as breeding and itemshop to be more attractive.

I wont blame you for hating dropdown menu, people have different tastes and you are fine the way you are. It just makes me wonder that perhaps I should include an option for Mys v1.4.0's new ACP for admins to enable/disable dropdown menu. Not sure about it yet but thats a possibility.

umm items and features as addons? Were you the one who asked Fadillzzz to make a Mys v1.2.x compatible version of itemshop? Just curious since he mentioned this a while ago.

And thanks for saying such kind words. I am not an advanced programmer yet, intermediate at best but the good thing is that I keep improving with time. XD
  4. Ruinily
    05-14-2012 10:19 PM
    Ruinily
    Yeh I came from MA mostly because there was so much downtime on it. >.<' I really focus on the design and appearance of websites more, so I would pick on things like that lol. I guessed someone liked the drop downs since their everywhere at the moment... its probably just my personal experience where they keep leading me off to places I dont want to be because my fingers get very tired very easily on computers now and go all the over the place lol. I'm more of a retro person with digital appearance, so dont worry about my opinion on it too much. :P As long as I have enough manipulation to change it to look how I want (which tends to be simple) I'm generally happy. A mega upgrade sounds cool, or I personally would also be happy with the things like items and feature updates as addons? Though I imagine they may affect the databases too much to be a simple addon. :o Either way you're an amazing person for getting this far with the coding. ^_^
  5. Hall of Famer
    05-14-2012 10:11 PM
    Hall of Famer
    Well 'view conversation' has been here since I set up this support forum, but of course you wont notice it if you are not used to VBulletin forums. This is quite common for MA users. XD

I see, so it is the layouts that concerns you? I do believe theres a way to get rid of dropdown menu, although most people actually like it. I will see if I can design a simple mega-upgrader from Mys v1.2.x to v1.3.2 though.
  6. Ruinily
    05-14-2012 09:28 PM
    Ruinily
    :o I didnt see the view conversation thing, I havent seen that before... Yeh I'll have a look at the other ones people are talking about and see if I can set it up. I'd be interested at having a go at upgrading it, maybe I'll have a go when I try moving it. Some things I wanted to keep, and I really like my layout at the moment. ^_^ And I dont know if their compulsory or not, but drop down menus just annoy the heck out of me. They always pop up when I'm trying to click something else lol. Its mainly features like items and a working pound that I liked in the new one...
  7. Hall of Famer
    05-14-2012 08:54 PM
    Hall of Famer
    I see, you forgot to click 'view conversation' before replying to the VM. XD

x10hosting indeed is causing problems for many of you, I am sorry for what happened but this is really beyond what I can help with. Hopefully you will find a better host soon.

Upgrading the script from Mys v1.2.x to v1.3.x is definitely possible, but will be difficult if you have a highly customized site. Users like Corsair find it easy 'cause they do not modify the core script files. I am not sure what it will take for you though, you will have to see for yourself.

But to think about it, the fact that you use an earlier version of the script also saves you from all these kind of PDO errors. Ya know, PDO was being used since Mys v1.3.0, and thats why you dont receive fatal errors like Aasix and Iris.
  8. Hall of Famer
    05-14-2012 08:39 PM
    Hall of Famer
    How are you and your site doing lately?
  9. Hall of Famer
    08-29-2011 08:37 PM
    Hall of Famer